Skip to main content

A List



1. Marriage Equality. Such a good day.

2. I've got a barn and a family baby shower in the next 4 days, which normally sounds just terrifying, except it's with all my favorite people, so it will be awesome.

3. A puppy came to the office today. I got nothing done for an hour and my hands smell like puppy. #winning

4. The barn now has a new outdoor jumping arena with new sandy footing, and the indoor arenas are getting rubber composite footing. If you're not a horse person, I'm sorry you had to struggle through that. If you're a horse person, thanks for struggling through everything else to get to that part, because, I KNOW, RIGHT? So exciting.

5. I had a salami sandwich for breakfast. No regrets.

6. Relevant to the previous item, my baby doctor lady ran some tests and told me I need to eat more spinach and red meat, drink a gatorade, and keep my feet up. So I'm pretty sure I've been medically ordered to have a relaxing barbecue every day for the rest of the summer. That I can do, Doc. You're all invited. Bring Your Own Meat. And bring me a Gatorade.

7. Also relevant to 5 and 6, Dan and I went to the our town's Roundup BBQ Dinner on Wednesday, and for $4, you got a pulled pork sandwich, hawaiian chips, the best homemade baked beans you've ever tasted, a giant Grandma's Pink Sugar Cookie, and a drink. You know why? Because our town is the greatest freaking big little town in the world.

8. Dan doesn't know this yet, but I'm never leaving.

9. He's already rather suspicious he'll have to yank the deed of our pioneer house from my cold dead fingers, and for good reason. It's hot, and breaking, and tiny, and needs more storage, but damn if that little pioneer house with a tomato garden and a jetted tub isn't the most perfect weird little house I ever laid eyes on.

10. It's been a weird and awesome week, world. I'm letting the bad stuff slide away, because that's what I need right now. I'm clinging to progress in all its forms, new beginnings, and good food. A swimming pool or two might be in order as well.

A certain someone frolicking at dusk on the longest day of the year. 






Comments

donkeyhotey said…
YAY to all of the above!! Except for maybe some of the meat parts... Hang on Itxa and Co., the next little while is going to be an AWESOME ride!!

Popular posts from this blog

Tidings of Comfort, Victory, and GIVEAWAYS!!!!!

1.  My Cranberry pie finally won!  After a tragic finish at an ugly sweater party, and being overshadowed by the chocolate pecan pie at Thanksgiving, my Nantucket Cranberry Pie (which I took to the next level with a chocolate cream cheese icing)  got first place at the office holiday party Top Chef competition. I am happy. 2.  I also coincidentally won a caption contest on my favorite horse blog, and for my witty mockery was awarded a gift certificate for horse tack!  As I currently don't have a horse of my own, I'm giving it to Camp K.  I hope my mother and her 3 horses, 2 mules and 2 donkeys forgive me.  But I'm still claiming victory on that one, and relishing in being mentioned on my favorite blog in the same post as my international heroes. 3. GIVEAWAY!!!!  I was inspired by a number of blogs giving away x-boxes, TVs, designer handbags, and gift cards to the moon, but I decided that you don't actually need to be rich to share the love.  Therefore, I am announc

MotherMare

There is no getting around it: I was indoctrinated at a very young age. I was the baby, and I was the last chance mom had for early imprinting of equine addition (EIEA, pronounced EEEAAAAHHHH!!!) Some people say that it's something you grow into or learn- that it can be cured, that it's a temptation or a lifestyle.  While my mother's imprinting certainly aided the illness, I can't help but feel that somehow, in someway, I was born this way.   Ergo, my equine birthday tribute to my equine mother- the best kind of tribute.     Mom, this shirt is wildly awesome, and if you still own it, you should still wear it. I think I have that hat now. Let me know when you want it back.  Little did you know then that I would steal the hat right off your head, did you?  Also, you look exactly the same. Gorgeous-like.  (also, don't be embarrassed, because I am totally about to embarrass me too, and then we're even.)   The horse that started it all. Mom won't mind that s