Skip to main content

A California Kidnapping

The First thing we did when we got to California at 4a.m. was sleep. The second thing we did the next day was kidnap the tiniest of my sister's two children to take pictures of her at the beach, show her seashells, get her a little salty and soggy, and then take her home to her mother to scrub down.

It was a raging success.



 She was still feeling a little nervous about having been kidnapped at this point. She warms up, I promise.

We are, excited about the beach, question mark? 


We are. Question mark be damned. 


 Uncle Dan's sandcastle construction brought her out of the shell a bit!


 Friends enjoying the ocean breeze!


 Our sandcastle was not the fanciest, but it had a tunnel!


 Same face much, you two?


 Whatever this face is, I love it, I want it.


This too.


 I will also have three orders of this.

 I would haul that tush anywhere.


Siblinghood. 


 About 2 minutes after this was taken, she surreptitiously put these in her pants for safekeeping. And then panicked on the matter a bit, stating "they shells in my butt!"


In other news, this is the Pacific Ocean, and I love it.  


 These are my people, and I love them.


And, apparently, they quite like each other, too. Can I get an "AWWWWW"?? 


If Alice were a color, she'd be these ones. For sure.

Comments

Unknown said…
fun pics! i could go for a nice bit of ocean fun right now. lovely.
Anonymous said…
Those pics of your niece are adorable! Looks like you had so much fun. :) And your sandcastle was awesome.
Alissa King said…
I just ate this post for breakfast and now my tummy hurts because I had to eat IT ALL!!
Celeste said…
I'm late to this one, but I'm gushing. Your niece looks like the funnest kid ever! I love her facial expressions (and your captions).
Cute photos, too!

Popular posts from this blog

Tidings of Comfort, Victory, and GIVEAWAYS!!!!!

1.  My Cranberry pie finally won!  After a tragic finish at an ugly sweater party, and being overshadowed by the chocolate pecan pie at Thanksgiving, my Nantucket Cranberry Pie (which I took to the next level with a chocolate cream cheese icing)  got first place at the office holiday party Top Chef competition. I am happy. 2.  I also coincidentally won a caption contest on my favorite horse blog, and for my witty mockery was awarded a gift certificate for horse tack!  As I currently don't have a horse of my own, I'm giving it to Camp K.  I hope my mother and her 3 horses, 2 mules and 2 donkeys forgive me.  But I'm still claiming victory on that one, and relishing in being mentioned on my favorite blog in the same post as my international heroes. 3. GIVEAWAY!!!!  I was inspired by a number of blogs giving away x-boxes, TVs, designer handbags, and gift cards to the moon, but I decided that you don't actually need to be rich to share the lo...

TwelveTwelveTwelve (And Night 5)

I wasn't paying attention when the clock changed. I was deep in the photos and conversation threads on Ancestry and JewishGen when the twelve o'clock hour rolled by. The number is a beautiful one, a rare one, but it's more than 12/12/12 to me today. It's the fifth night of Hanukkah. Every year, the silver menorah of partly lit candles remind me that one-eighth of me is connected to thousands of years of stories about one group of people. FYI: This is not a post about Israel and Palestine. Lucky you. It is about my search to find my family.  The man that connects me to all this, my biological grandfather, was not a part of my life, and his own life was complicated. I can't do anything in my life to reconcile that. I can't do anything to connect to him or to understand him, and I don't know that I would want to if I could.  It's funny then that it's him that connects me to this story of the Jews, this story that I want so badly to know, to und...