Skip to main content

She's Open!!!

While I have no doubt Dan is more liberated by completing his college career than I am, I feel like having that major milestone behind us has brought us both some freedom and clarity. From here on out through July, we are responsible solely for our jobs, the wedding, and most importantly each other.







The past couple weeks have been a lot more stressful than I thought that they would be. As I’ve said before, planning this wedding with Dan has been one of the most uproarious, quirkiest and most enjoyable experiences of creativity and partnership that I have ever known. We seem to be on the same wave length on almost everything, and what we don’t agree on gives us a great chance to learn about each other and compromise and even occasionally openly mock one another, which I find equally important to a healthy relationship.






But it’s been stressful to be apart, stressful to be driving a lot, and stressful to be counting pennies for the wedding, the security deposits, the rent, the commute costs and our very anti-kitchen lives right now. Dan has heroically risen to the occasion, and I have had both moments of grace and moments of neuromoleculardisintigration that dissolves me into a rabid beast foaming at the mouth and nail polished claws out with a carnal need to seek out steak and road rage. (any chance that’s a real thing, G?)






This morning, though, I feel grace. I feel comfortable in the changing tides and comfortable with the idea of the next 5 weeks and what they mean and what they will require of me. I feel refreshed, and I feel ready to do my part. I feel like even in the midst of not yet moved/ not yet married insanity, my mind finally caught up to this whole gig, is balancing out the crazy emotions of my first and last time of being in love, and realizing that this weird path has led to exactly the hippie sno cone shack on Pueblo Beach I always thought my life ought to end up at. Like a Gidget movie, but BETTER.



And guys, wait until you see the wedding invitations.

Comments

jordan.spain said…
I love this. I know exactly how you feel. You are only 5 short weeks away. You can do it! I cannot wait for your wedding. It is going to be amazing!
Unknown said…
I dont think its a real word but there will be no penalty for inventing such an awesome word. In fact I award you full points.

Great blog! And I cant believe I'm going to say this.. but.. I actually am excited to see your announcements tonight.

What have you guys done to me!?

Popular posts from this blog

Tidings of Comfort, Victory, and GIVEAWAYS!!!!!

1.  My Cranberry pie finally won!  After a tragic finish at an ugly sweater party, and being overshadowed by the chocolate pecan pie at Thanksgiving, my Nantucket Cranberry Pie (which I took to the next level with a chocolate cream cheese icing)  got first place at the office holiday party Top Chef competition. I am happy. 2.  I also coincidentally won a caption contest on my favorite horse blog, and for my witty mockery was awarded a gift certificate for horse tack!  As I currently don't have a horse of my own, I'm giving it to Camp K.  I hope my mother and her 3 horses, 2 mules and 2 donkeys forgive me.  But I'm still claiming victory on that one, and relishing in being mentioned on my favorite blog in the same post as my international heroes. 3. GIVEAWAY!!!!  I was inspired by a number of blogs giving away x-boxes, TVs, designer handbags, and gift cards to the moon, but I decided that you don't actually need to be rich to share the love.  Therefore, I am announc

MotherMare

There is no getting around it: I was indoctrinated at a very young age. I was the baby, and I was the last chance mom had for early imprinting of equine addition (EIEA, pronounced EEEAAAAHHHH!!!) Some people say that it's something you grow into or learn- that it can be cured, that it's a temptation or a lifestyle.  While my mother's imprinting certainly aided the illness, I can't help but feel that somehow, in someway, I was born this way.   Ergo, my equine birthday tribute to my equine mother- the best kind of tribute.     Mom, this shirt is wildly awesome, and if you still own it, you should still wear it. I think I have that hat now. Let me know when you want it back.  Little did you know then that I would steal the hat right off your head, did you?  Also, you look exactly the same. Gorgeous-like.  (also, don't be embarrassed, because I am totally about to embarrass me too, and then we're even.)   The horse that started it all. Mom won't mind that s