Skip to main content

Foolish? This isn't Foolish!!

that's a Dumb and Dumber quote.  Ask me sometime about quoting that movie end to end. My brother-in-law Jared and I could do a little show for you. Mostly at weddings or holiday parties. 

But I am actually foolish.  In my excitement to be an adult/wife/new-in-law, I enthusiastically volunteered to make a couple pies for the Thanksgiving Feast that will be had with Dan's family in Kanab.  From the onset this whole thing smacked of "See? I cook! I'm totally domestic and whatever? Look! I can WHISK!"  and it was about that point when Dan took the potato masher out of my hand and asked me if I'd ever done this before.  (For the record, the potato masher breaks up the butter just fine, thankyouverymuch.)

I had to make the Pecan Pie twice before I trusted myself to make the real thing. The first time, I used "the easy recipe" which pretty much said -stir these 5 ingredients together and go nuts.  It was nuts alright. watery, milky chocolate bits and some nuts.  The second time, I used the much harder recipe it came out PERFECT in the pre-bought crust.  But of course, I didn't want a STORE BOUGHT CRUST for thanksgiving! I needed to MAKE A CRUST!  REAL WOMEN MAKE CRUSTS!  GODLESS CAREER WOMEN WITH NO CHIDREN BUY CRUSTS!!!! (pant pant pant) and three hours and 4 panic attacks later, I think that I have a decent pie. 

The second pie was a piece of cake (har har), just a simple recipe stolen from The Pioneer Woman for a Cranberry Pie, to which I added a few sliced blackberries (the fruit, not the phone) to give it a little extra sweetness. I feel good about that one.

But my poor housemate can attest to the AWESOME attitude that I had while doing it.  Because I am bored and bitter at my job for making me work today, I will try and make you up a little illustration. 







Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone.

Comments

adam said…
awesome. drive safely.
Unknown said…
that is the best computer art ive ever seen! haha! so entertaining! love.
Alissa King said…
PIE!! now I want pie.
Tiffanie said…
I seriously LOVE you Lorraine!! AND your CHOCOLATE PECAN PIE was to DIE for really! I would commit a small crime to have a slice for breakfast with MILK!!! I loved loved loved your cartoon!!! Your AWESOME!It was really nice seeing you guys this weekend!
jordan.spain said…
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please make more pictures!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Tidings of Comfort, Victory, and GIVEAWAYS!!!!!

1.  My Cranberry pie finally won!  After a tragic finish at an ugly sweater party, and being overshadowed by the chocolate pecan pie at Thanksgiving, my Nantucket Cranberry Pie (which I took to the next level with a chocolate cream cheese icing)  got first place at the office holiday party Top Chef competition. I am happy. 2.  I also coincidentally won a caption contest on my favorite horse blog, and for my witty mockery was awarded a gift certificate for horse tack!  As I currently don't have a horse of my own, I'm giving it to Camp K.  I hope my mother and her 3 horses, 2 mules and 2 donkeys forgive me.  But I'm still claiming victory on that one, and relishing in being mentioned on my favorite blog in the same post as my international heroes. 3. GIVEAWAY!!!!  I was inspired by a number of blogs giving away x-boxes, TVs, designer handbags, and gift cards to the moon, but I decided that you don't actually need to be rich to share the love.  Therefore, I am announc

MotherMare

There is no getting around it: I was indoctrinated at a very young age. I was the baby, and I was the last chance mom had for early imprinting of equine addition (EIEA, pronounced EEEAAAAHHHH!!!) Some people say that it's something you grow into or learn- that it can be cured, that it's a temptation or a lifestyle.  While my mother's imprinting certainly aided the illness, I can't help but feel that somehow, in someway, I was born this way.   Ergo, my equine birthday tribute to my equine mother- the best kind of tribute.     Mom, this shirt is wildly awesome, and if you still own it, you should still wear it. I think I have that hat now. Let me know when you want it back.  Little did you know then that I would steal the hat right off your head, did you?  Also, you look exactly the same. Gorgeous-like.  (also, don't be embarrassed, because I am totally about to embarrass me too, and then we're even.)   The horse that started it all. Mom won't mind that s