Skip to main content

Quarantined.

After spending nearly an entire week away from work, boredly skimming hours of TV, knitting, reading, coughing, making homemade soup and smoothies, sniffling, doodling, medicating, and sleeping, the Jacksons are finally back to work. We also got into the game Skip-Bo, which I was really excited about, until Dan defeated me twice in games much closer than the Utah v. BYU game Saturday night. (I have to say it like that, because it's the only I can feely okay about it. Yes, I am 5, and yes, that's why Evanses don't play many games. We are not now, and will probably never be mature enough to lose gracefully.) Go Utes.

We also got to know our adolescent kitten much better, which is wonderful, because after spending almost a straight week with him, I am fully relieved to know that he is NOT a normal cat as I have feared, and full of weird cat neuroses as I had hoped.  For example, Jeoffrey ONLY drinks the purest of pure waters, preferably from containers made for humans.  Even when I wash his water bowl, fill it with clean water, and set it out for him, he will take a couple pitiful pitter pattering licks of it before turning up his nose and returning to his previous obsession with Dan's orange plastic State Fair Cup on his nightstand, which enrages my beloved to a point of hilarity I cannot express here. Occassionally, he can be appeased by my new morning ritual of filling a tiny mexican ceramic bowl at the bathroom sink, and letting him drink there while I "make myself up for the day".

The cat loves animals on television, and cartoons. he is obsessed with the cursor arrow on my laptop, he comes when he's called, and he absolutely ADORES fetch.  He will bring you a catnip mouse and wag his tail until you throw it.  If you should fail to notice that there is a catnip mouse, he will proceed to bring you the feather toy, the teddy bear, and if truly desperate every one of the scrunchies from my hair drawer until you notice, and then you WILL be expected to throw each and every one of them.  He snores when he naps, and he almost always sleeps with his feet in the air, belly exposed, and delicate white paws curled. His favorite morning pastime is to crawl behind the window slats in the bathroom and watch our neighbors hens which feed on our backyard worms every morning.

What I think this means is that we will never have a need for a dog.




Ahh work, why must you pull me from my boys??




  

Comments

Lacey J. said…
Those pictures are so sweet! I'm glad you're feeling better!
Unknown said…
you tricked me! i didnt know this was going to be mostly a pet post!

;)

Popular posts from this blog

Tidings of Comfort, Victory, and GIVEAWAYS!!!!!

1.  My Cranberry pie finally won!  After a tragic finish at an ugly sweater party, and being overshadowed by the chocolate pecan pie at Thanksgiving, my Nantucket Cranberry Pie (which I took to the next level with a chocolate cream cheese icing)  got first place at the office holiday party Top Chef competition. I am happy. 2.  I also coincidentally won a caption contest on my favorite horse blog, and for my witty mockery was awarded a gift certificate for horse tack!  As I currently don't have a horse of my own, I'm giving it to Camp K.  I hope my mother and her 3 horses, 2 mules and 2 donkeys forgive me.  But I'm still claiming victory on that one, and relishing in being mentioned on my favorite blog in the same post as my international heroes. 3. GIVEAWAY!!!!  I was inspired by a number of blogs giving away x-boxes, TVs, designer handbags, and gift cards to the moon, but I decided that you don't actually need to be rich to share the love.  Therefore, I am announc

MotherMare

There is no getting around it: I was indoctrinated at a very young age. I was the baby, and I was the last chance mom had for early imprinting of equine addition (EIEA, pronounced EEEAAAAHHHH!!!) Some people say that it's something you grow into or learn- that it can be cured, that it's a temptation or a lifestyle.  While my mother's imprinting certainly aided the illness, I can't help but feel that somehow, in someway, I was born this way.   Ergo, my equine birthday tribute to my equine mother- the best kind of tribute.     Mom, this shirt is wildly awesome, and if you still own it, you should still wear it. I think I have that hat now. Let me know when you want it back.  Little did you know then that I would steal the hat right off your head, did you?  Also, you look exactly the same. Gorgeous-like.  (also, don't be embarrassed, because I am totally about to embarrass me too, and then we're even.)   The horse that started it all. Mom won't mind that s