Skip to main content

Confessional

1. Sometimes at my job, I stumble onto the public blogs of total strangers. If they are really good, I revisit them later on my own time. CREEPER.

2. I have a cuticle issue. Actually, it wasn't an issue for me, but it's an issue for Dan, so now it's an issue. I ought to have G photograph my cuticle issue for his hands project.

3. I struggle with the fact that my coworkers' TV tastes are profoundly higher than mine. Because, you know, I love the Bachelor. I do. I really do.

4. That probably needed its own confession line.

5. Bless me father, for I have watched the Bachelor and enjoyed it.

6. EVEN THE BACHELOR PAD. (AKA, the Eighth Deadly Sin. Deadly to your BRAINZ anyway.)

7. I live on a diet composed almost exclusively of carbs.  cream of wheat, english muffins, pad thai, and a cookie. That's what I ate yesterday. oh, and some juice?  And a red bull? Is that a carb? Paleo Diets are for Pets.

8. "Is butter a carb?" 

9. I get on the KSL Classifieds to look at horses for sale EVERY DAY. It's a lunchtime ritual.

10. I have a favorite person to sit next to on the bus. She keeps a cooking blog, and has a kindle. We don't speak, I just admire her.

11. Despite our need to save for stuff, all I really want is to spend all our money on a kiln.

12. sculpy and easy-bake oven aren't going to keep Dan entertained forever.

13. I'm feeling relieved that I don't have to decorate the house for Christmas, because we'll be in Baltimore.

14. I don't like the number 14.

15. I like the new Coldplay album, and I refuse to feel ashamed about my taste level.

16. It's 8am. time to work!

Comments

Paige Marie said…
Lois... I love your blog! I get so excited when I see that you have posted something new, because you are so dang entertaining, and you write so well that I am immediately captured.. And I cannot stop reading.. Un-creepily following you... Your old high school buddy.. Paige. :)
Unknown said…
I love this blog format! I do the same thing sometimes and I really enjoy it! Also my camera is always at your service ;)
jordan.spain said…
Hahahahaha!!!!!! Yes, butter is a carb!!! Oh Mean Girls. We need to watch! Also, don't forget about Laguna Beach and The Hills. Those shows will do wonders for your brainz!
Blogger said…
Having Trouble FOLLOWING with your Paleo Diet?

Want to eat healthy delicious recipes TONIGHT?

Get your awesome Paleohacks Cookbook.

Popular posts from this blog

Tidings of Comfort, Victory, and GIVEAWAYS!!!!!

1.  My Cranberry pie finally won!  After a tragic finish at an ugly sweater party, and being overshadowed by the chocolate pecan pie at Thanksgiving, my Nantucket Cranberry Pie (which I took to the next level with a chocolate cream cheese icing)  got first place at the office holiday party Top Chef competition. I am happy. 2.  I also coincidentally won a caption contest on my favorite horse blog, and for my witty mockery was awarded a gift certificate for horse tack!  As I currently don't have a horse of my own, I'm giving it to Camp K.  I hope my mother and her 3 horses, 2 mules and 2 donkeys forgive me.  But I'm still claiming victory on that one, and relishing in being mentioned on my favorite blog in the same post as my international heroes. 3. GIVEAWAY!!!!  I was inspired by a number of blogs giving away x-boxes, TVs, designer handbags, and gift cards to the moon, but I decided that you don't actually need to be rich to share the love.  Therefore, I am announc

MotherMare

There is no getting around it: I was indoctrinated at a very young age. I was the baby, and I was the last chance mom had for early imprinting of equine addition (EIEA, pronounced EEEAAAAHHHH!!!) Some people say that it's something you grow into or learn- that it can be cured, that it's a temptation or a lifestyle.  While my mother's imprinting certainly aided the illness, I can't help but feel that somehow, in someway, I was born this way.   Ergo, my equine birthday tribute to my equine mother- the best kind of tribute.     Mom, this shirt is wildly awesome, and if you still own it, you should still wear it. I think I have that hat now. Let me know when you want it back.  Little did you know then that I would steal the hat right off your head, did you?  Also, you look exactly the same. Gorgeous-like.  (also, don't be embarrassed, because I am totally about to embarrass me too, and then we're even.)   The horse that started it all. Mom won't mind that s