Skip to main content

Raining, Pouring, Snoring.

Dan and I have been on this roll since we got married where our lives are filled with adventures, and traveling, and house projects, and darling weirdo Jeoffrey, and wonderful family and friends. Every night we'd sort of turn over to each other and say "It's been so easy, the honeymoon will never be over, we'll always feel this way, as long as I'm with you, life will always be awesome." and you would let yourself believe it, because when else have Dan and I ever had the chance to believe in something like that? 

Recently, things in life have not been awesome. Dan's hours were drastically cut back at work through the winter, our Valentines weekend in Moab was dramatically cancelled because of death-snow in Spanish Fork Canyon, one of our cars failed inspection and has to be replaced, I got an enormous mystery bill from my broken hand from THREE years ago, Jeoffrey had another seizure, I've been fighting off the threat of a cold for two solid weeks, and I got some very bad news yesterday that I was in no way emotionally ready to hear. Oh, and I may have had a small anxiety attack somewhere in the middle of that. This is not awesome. This is that really annoying time when you're constantly braced for the next excruciating thing, and as my friend Consuela says, sometimes you just sit tight mientras pasa la tormenta, while the storm passes.

But there's good news. While life is not awesome, while everything seems to be hard, and while our dreams seem to be further from reach than ever, I still feel that way about him. The honeymoon still isn't over. I still can't imagine a time when I'm not going to see him as my partner and the person who will help me see the sunshine again, or who will cook up sunshine in a pot himself, if that's what it takes. If this storm is the great flood, Dan and I are the pair of goofy black bears on the ark, and we feel damn lucky to be there. I can see that now, standing next to him.


Also, mother suggests burning sage in the house and engaging in a cleansing ritual, because REALLY. There be some crazy bad joojoo up in here.


We're cute, even if we're dumb.


.

Comments

Alissa King said…
So, no way I can post this on my blog or Facebook, but I will risk it here: yesterday to stop me from crying in the car after a rare lunch date that was almost ruined when the talk idiotically turned political Jon told me "I will vote for Obama! I will ride a float in the next gay pride parade, just please don't cry!" and it might be one of the nicest things he's ever said to me.

I hope that helps. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Tidings of Comfort, Victory, and GIVEAWAYS!!!!!

1.  My Cranberry pie finally won!  After a tragic finish at an ugly sweater party, and being overshadowed by the chocolate pecan pie at Thanksgiving, my Nantucket Cranberry Pie (which I took to the next level with a chocolate cream cheese icing)  got first place at the office holiday party Top Chef competition. I am happy. 2.  I also coincidentally won a caption contest on my favorite horse blog, and for my witty mockery was awarded a gift certificate for horse tack!  As I currently don't have a horse of my own, I'm giving it to Camp K.  I hope my mother and her 3 horses, 2 mules and 2 donkeys forgive me.  But I'm still claiming victory on that one, and relishing in being mentioned on my favorite blog in the same post as my international heroes. 3. GIVEAWAY!!!!  I was inspired by a number of blogs giving away x-boxes, TVs, designer handbags, and gift cards to the moon, but I decided that you don't actually need to be rich to share the love.  Therefore, I am announc

MotherMare

There is no getting around it: I was indoctrinated at a very young age. I was the baby, and I was the last chance mom had for early imprinting of equine addition (EIEA, pronounced EEEAAAAHHHH!!!) Some people say that it's something you grow into or learn- that it can be cured, that it's a temptation or a lifestyle.  While my mother's imprinting certainly aided the illness, I can't help but feel that somehow, in someway, I was born this way.   Ergo, my equine birthday tribute to my equine mother- the best kind of tribute.     Mom, this shirt is wildly awesome, and if you still own it, you should still wear it. I think I have that hat now. Let me know when you want it back.  Little did you know then that I would steal the hat right off your head, did you?  Also, you look exactly the same. Gorgeous-like.  (also, don't be embarrassed, because I am totally about to embarrass me too, and then we're even.)   The horse that started it all. Mom won't mind that s