Skip to main content

Ghost Shorts and Crushes.

I only have eyes for my husband. I want to be perfectly clear about that.

Ears are another matter. Also, this sentiment is mutual.

Go ahead and read that. I'll wait.
.

.

.

I was brought in as the lifetime companion and fixture of Daniel's life with the full disclosure that I could never sell a Swiffer Sweeper quite like SHE could.  When her commercial is on, his eyes glaze over, and he physically swoons. I accept this. This is the dark underbelly of saying "Forever" to the person you love.  Along the way, you will have to accept that somewhere, there is a child star lurking in the shadows of his/her mind.

For me, the time to confess has come.

I must regretfully inform Dan and all his fans that Ms. Berdahl has a counterpart, who I am only now prepared to discuss candidly.

Readers, meet Blake Sennett.


Blake is the guitarist for the band Rilo Kiley, an alt pop group probably best known for the song "Silver Lining"

The music video of which, by the way, is how I came to ask myself "Is that PINSKY????" and affirmation never tasted so sweet.


Ronnie Pinsky from Season 2 of Salute Your Shorts, meant to replace original dreamboat Michael of Season 1 who did not return to Camp Anawana for another summer. This was to Dina and Z.Z.'s devastation, but not mine. Pinsky was totally my 10 year old type. And now he's in a really hilarious and mildly obscure band, and he also dated Winona Ryder for about year. They were kind of a big deal. They are now kind of over.

So now, ideally, Pinsky would marry Lenni, and then Dan and I could run into them in the streets of Lehi and we could all go to dinner at Porter's Place and bury these childhood hatchets once and for all over honey butter scones and a sarsaparilla.
On the other hand, were there ever more harmless celebrity crushes for two idealistic soulmates than the rapping actress of Ghostwriter and the spoiled richy rich of Camp Anawana's Salute Your Shorts?
This is Dr. Kahn-would Ronnie Pinsky please report to the mess hall of Lorraine's dreams immediately?  That is all.  







Comments

Lol... the Karate Kid...need I say more! ;) miss you guys, hope all is well!

Popular posts from this blog

Tidings of Comfort, Victory, and GIVEAWAYS!!!!!

1.  My Cranberry pie finally won!  After a tragic finish at an ugly sweater party, and being overshadowed by the chocolate pecan pie at Thanksgiving, my Nantucket Cranberry Pie (which I took to the next level with a chocolate cream cheese icing)  got first place at the office holiday party Top Chef competition. I am happy. 2.  I also coincidentally won a caption contest on my favorite horse blog, and for my witty mockery was awarded a gift certificate for horse tack!  As I currently don't have a horse of my own, I'm giving it to Camp K.  I hope my mother and her 3 horses, 2 mules and 2 donkeys forgive me.  But I'm still claiming victory on that one, and relishing in being mentioned on my favorite blog in the same post as my international heroes. 3. GIVEAWAY!!!!  I was inspired by a number of blogs giving away x-boxes, TVs, designer handbags, and gift cards to the moon, but I decided that you don't actually need to be rich to share the love.  Therefore, I am announc

MotherMare

There is no getting around it: I was indoctrinated at a very young age. I was the baby, and I was the last chance mom had for early imprinting of equine addition (EIEA, pronounced EEEAAAAHHHH!!!) Some people say that it's something you grow into or learn- that it can be cured, that it's a temptation or a lifestyle.  While my mother's imprinting certainly aided the illness, I can't help but feel that somehow, in someway, I was born this way.   Ergo, my equine birthday tribute to my equine mother- the best kind of tribute.     Mom, this shirt is wildly awesome, and if you still own it, you should still wear it. I think I have that hat now. Let me know when you want it back.  Little did you know then that I would steal the hat right off your head, did you?  Also, you look exactly the same. Gorgeous-like.  (also, don't be embarrassed, because I am totally about to embarrass me too, and then we're even.)   The horse that started it all. Mom won't mind that s