Skip to main content

Glass Menagerie

I both pity and envy Laura Wingfield at times, depending on exactly how much dirt is under my nails and how much it's bothering me. Her delicate, quiet, isolated life filled with still glass figures is safer, certainly. unsmelly, most definitely. And I imagine if the glass animals took it upon themselves to make "messes", they would be adorable little glass plopplets which would be utterly charming to clean up.

I, on the other hand, have cleaned up poop from this:

And also from this:



in the past 24 hours. 

I am hardly complaining. I'm just making a blind comparison. In fact, 1 out of 1 Lorraines agree that horse poop and Brand New Puppy poop are highly preferable to no poop at all, because then you'd have no horse and no Brand New Puppy.

Fortunately, this:


and, after a couple years of trial and error, this:


are entirely house-trained.   





Brand New Puppy does not have a name yet, and desperately needs a bath and one of those old fashioned handkerchiefs round his neck. I promise, when both have come to pass, you'll hear it first at Lorraine-in-Spain.



.

Comments

Celeste said…
Wait. Wait. Wait. DID YOU GET A PUPPY?!

And congratulations on house-training Dan. I know when Branden and he lived together, it was a real trial of their friendship.
Lorraine said…
We got a PUPPY. It only took Dan and I about 6 months to come to an agreement about what sort of dog we wanted, haha. But once we settled, it took us about 6 hours to find one and bring him home!
Alissa King said…
This post is hysterical
Unknown said…
oh dear.. what have you done?
Lorraine said…
Oh, I nearly forgot! His "papered" name will of course be Garit D. Heaton! Anything beyond that is just an informal nickname...
adam said…
most excellent. good lookin' dog.
padruss said…
Strangely, your dog, cat and horse all look like they are from the same litter, expect for Dan, that is. Love the dog!!! Dad

Popular posts from this blog

Tidings of Comfort, Victory, and GIVEAWAYS!!!!!

1.  My Cranberry pie finally won!  After a tragic finish at an ugly sweater party, and being overshadowed by the chocolate pecan pie at Thanksgiving, my Nantucket Cranberry Pie (which I took to the next level with a chocolate cream cheese icing)  got first place at the office holiday party Top Chef competition. I am happy. 2.  I also coincidentally won a caption contest on my favorite horse blog, and for my witty mockery was awarded a gift certificate for horse tack!  As I currently don't have a horse of my own, I'm giving it to Camp K.  I hope my mother and her 3 horses, 2 mules and 2 donkeys forgive me.  But I'm still claiming victory on that one, and relishing in being mentioned on my favorite blog in the same post as my international heroes. 3. GIVEAWAY!!!!  I was inspired by a number of blogs giving away x-boxes, TVs, designer handbags, and gift cards to the moon, but I decided that you don't actually need to be rich to share the love.  Therefore, I am announc

MotherMare

There is no getting around it: I was indoctrinated at a very young age. I was the baby, and I was the last chance mom had for early imprinting of equine addition (EIEA, pronounced EEEAAAAHHHH!!!) Some people say that it's something you grow into or learn- that it can be cured, that it's a temptation or a lifestyle.  While my mother's imprinting certainly aided the illness, I can't help but feel that somehow, in someway, I was born this way.   Ergo, my equine birthday tribute to my equine mother- the best kind of tribute.     Mom, this shirt is wildly awesome, and if you still own it, you should still wear it. I think I have that hat now. Let me know when you want it back.  Little did you know then that I would steal the hat right off your head, did you?  Also, you look exactly the same. Gorgeous-like.  (also, don't be embarrassed, because I am totally about to embarrass me too, and then we're even.)   The horse that started it all. Mom won't mind that s