Skip to main content

A List

1. If strep throat and a whiteout is enough to keep you from going back and rescuing your favorite riding crop that you left in the indoor arena, you have no business riding horses. (It has this amazing squishy handle, so much better than any other crop ever.)

2. If strep throat and a whiteout is enough to keep you from going to the barn in the first place, you have no business riding horses.

3. Here is a great tip: Sometimes, if the furnace stops working, your house will get really cold.

4. When it's fixed, your house will get warm again, and you can start watching all those reality shows stored on the DVR in the coldest room in the house that is no longer cold.

5. Things that make a sore throat feel better: cough drops, tea with honey, chocolate, Ruffles, Kraft MacnCheese, and medicine.

6. Things that don't make a sore throat feel better: Juice. Why do sick people drink juice?

7. Dan has been letting me watch a great deal of RFD-TV lately.  I think pretty soon we're either going to get a horse, a cow, a tractor, or a polka band. Such is the way when you watch enough of "Rural America's Most Important Network."

8. My tea gets cold way too fast.

9. Work was so busy over College Football season, and I completely fell off the bandwagon of writing for Horse Nation. But I have a few great articles coming up soon, and I'm excited to share them with y'all.

10. I have a two hour (each way) commute when the weather is bad like today. This would be vastly improved if one could watch Romantic Comedies while driving.

11. I suddenly have the insatiable urge to have a good hard cry while watching Free Willy.

12. My barn has a music system that blasts into the arena while you ride, and some reggae came on while I was riding. Unbeknownst to me, Posie loves reggae. Best 4 minutes of the day.



13. Three musics: The Lumineers, Rose's Pawn Shop, Brandon Flowers solo album.

14. Three movies I want to see: Silver Linings Playbook, Argo, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

15. Three goals: Ride 3x a week, Take a class in something, Ride the train.

16. My husband is not only a bodacious babe, but he makes my most important dreams come true every day. Double threat.




Comments

Unknown said…
and just how does he feel about being publicly named a "bodacious babe"?

tee hee
Anonymous said…
Seriously, skip Silver Linings. It is NOTHING like the previews depict.

Popular posts from this blog

Tidings of Comfort, Victory, and GIVEAWAYS!!!!!

1.  My Cranberry pie finally won!  After a tragic finish at an ugly sweater party, and being overshadowed by the chocolate pecan pie at Thanksgiving, my Nantucket Cranberry Pie (which I took to the next level with a chocolate cream cheese icing)  got first place at the office holiday party Top Chef competition. I am happy. 2.  I also coincidentally won a caption contest on my favorite horse blog, and for my witty mockery was awarded a gift certificate for horse tack!  As I currently don't have a horse of my own, I'm giving it to Camp K.  I hope my mother and her 3 horses, 2 mules and 2 donkeys forgive me.  But I'm still claiming victory on that one, and relishing in being mentioned on my favorite blog in the same post as my international heroes. 3. GIVEAWAY!!!!  I was inspired by a number of blogs giving away x-boxes, TVs, designer handbags, and gift cards to the moon, but I decided that you don't actually need to be rich to share the love.  Therefore, I am announc

MotherMare

There is no getting around it: I was indoctrinated at a very young age. I was the baby, and I was the last chance mom had for early imprinting of equine addition (EIEA, pronounced EEEAAAAHHHH!!!) Some people say that it's something you grow into or learn- that it can be cured, that it's a temptation or a lifestyle.  While my mother's imprinting certainly aided the illness, I can't help but feel that somehow, in someway, I was born this way.   Ergo, my equine birthday tribute to my equine mother- the best kind of tribute.     Mom, this shirt is wildly awesome, and if you still own it, you should still wear it. I think I have that hat now. Let me know when you want it back.  Little did you know then that I would steal the hat right off your head, did you?  Also, you look exactly the same. Gorgeous-like.  (also, don't be embarrassed, because I am totally about to embarrass me too, and then we're even.)   The horse that started it all. Mom won't mind that s