Skip to main content

Commitment and the Surplus Store

Things that I am currently recommitted to:

Doing better at my job.

Going back to Hungary someday, speaking that ridiculous language better, and riding a horse along the Danube. (the hungarians are serious horse people. Did you know that?)


















Using Failblog and Myveryworstdate as a reward instead of a tool of procastination.

wearing everything in my closet or giving it away.

Citrus as a flavoring for everything.


















Making my cubicle incredibly classy and cozy, and apparently refuse to hide my obsession with the equine.

 





Things I'm falling off the bandwagon of:

blogging-sorry about that. it has to do with the better job thing.

The Bachelor-I've decided that the Bachelorette is the only one worth really watching. Ouch. I admitted that.

Lucky Charms- it had a good run, but gluten free Cinnamon Chex are getting me out of bed in the morning now. I still miss Count Chocula.

Groupon- I'm so bad at using my groupons.

Cafe Rio-I have been once in the past several months. Tomatillo doesn't have the hold on me it once did.

Thing that is awesome:

The Uvinersity of Uhat Surplus and Salvage Store.  All the decor that they ditch throughout the year gets sent here for public purchase. It's a glorified furniture D.I., except that instead of feeling grossed out by the furniture because it was in some stranger's home, you're sort of mystified by it because it was in some historic office on Fort Douglas or lining the lobby of your major's department for 40-something years.  It was here that I came upon my retro white vinyl chairs which now sit in my living room, $10 apiece.  O how I love them.  (Also, they sell towers, monitors, keyboards, hard drives, wierd scientific equipment and billions of other things that are nearly brand new for fractions of their cost.  Well worth the look for those of you who are tech junkies.)





















Have a very merry tuesday, knowing limes are loved, the Rio is loathed, and there is a new place for you dirty hispters to go thrifting and then brag about it.  like me. oops.



 

Comments

Daniel T said…
I'm committed to go on more Wendover adventures. I WON NINE CENTS!

Popular posts from this blog

Tidings of Comfort, Victory, and GIVEAWAYS!!!!!

1.  My Cranberry pie finally won!  After a tragic finish at an ugly sweater party, and being overshadowed by the chocolate pecan pie at Thanksgiving, my Nantucket Cranberry Pie (which I took to the next level with a chocolate cream cheese icing)  got first place at the office holiday party Top Chef competition. I am happy. 2.  I also coincidentally won a caption contest on my favorite horse blog, and for my witty mockery was awarded a gift certificate for horse tack!  As I currently don't have a horse of my own, I'm giving it to Camp K.  I hope my mother and her 3 horses, 2 mules and 2 donkeys forgive me.  But I'm still claiming victory on that one, and relishing in being mentioned on my favorite blog in the same post as my international heroes. 3. GIVEAWAY!!!!  I was inspired by a number of blogs giving away x-boxes, TVs, designer handbags, and gift cards to the moon, but I decided that you don't actually need to be rich to share the love.  Therefore, I am announc

MotherMare

There is no getting around it: I was indoctrinated at a very young age. I was the baby, and I was the last chance mom had for early imprinting of equine addition (EIEA, pronounced EEEAAAAHHHH!!!) Some people say that it's something you grow into or learn- that it can be cured, that it's a temptation or a lifestyle.  While my mother's imprinting certainly aided the illness, I can't help but feel that somehow, in someway, I was born this way.   Ergo, my equine birthday tribute to my equine mother- the best kind of tribute.     Mom, this shirt is wildly awesome, and if you still own it, you should still wear it. I think I have that hat now. Let me know when you want it back.  Little did you know then that I would steal the hat right off your head, did you?  Also, you look exactly the same. Gorgeous-like.  (also, don't be embarrassed, because I am totally about to embarrass me too, and then we're even.)   The horse that started it all. Mom won't mind that s