Skip to main content

Please, Don't Invite Us Out to Dinner

You know I'm not much of the life updating type via le blog, but on occasion I like having the opportunity to share some of the crazy intentions I have for myself on a, let's say, semesterly basis.  Today, I really truly am excited about the future. 

One of the big things is that we got a new, real, entry level but wonderful SLR camera. I'm thrilled that I will finally be able to take a picture of a horse EXACTLY at the moment that I mean to (and then some at 4.1 frames per second), and have more zoom than a couple of feet. I'm stoked that I will be able to travel and be truly proud of the photos that I take. For Dan, it has video, so we will finally be able to get quality footage from his band shows and get quality photos in the low level lighting of music venues.  And, as Dan says, someday (longfromnow) when have kids (longlonglongfromnow) we will be able to preserve those memories in quality (in10yearsfromthismomentfromnow). In our current lives, it's just a way to greatly enhance all the things that we're doing for fun, but eventually, we also hope that it will be a way to greatly enhance the things we're doing for work and family, too. 

Hand in hand with that, I'm back in school! (sort of). I'm taking a bunch of short night classes right now to earn my certificate in Adobe Design, so eventually I will be a whiz with photoshop, dreamweaver, indesign, and other pertinent programs. That way if one of us ever wants a real website for something, anything, we won't have to pay someone else a million dollars to make it for us.

Next, I'm going to have to take a small break from Camp K, and start to focus my volunteer hours at an accredited facility in Park City, in hopes that in the next year, I can be certified to give lessons to individuals with disabilities. Camp K was an absolute gift in enlightening me to this world, and helping me to believe that I could do this, and now I just need to apply myself to see if this could be something that I could see myself doing in the long haul.  Maybe I'm crazy, but I really think that I could. 

And finally, in a couple weeks Dan and I and a friend are roadtripping to Portland! We're going to see the Decemberists play in their hometown, and we'll get the chance to visit a great city in an area of the country I've never been to, and can't wait to get to know better.  I'm eager for the experience, and I'm REALLY stoked to take the camera (insertgirlishSQUEALSofdelight).  Lorraineinspain is back to travelling the plain!

Also, a camera, a tuition bill and a vacation later, we are really really really poor now, so if you want to hang out with us, say so, and we will make an extra large pot of cheap pasta to share with you, sprinkled with our love.

Amen.

Comments

Unknown said…
Yay! you got it! I am glad you did. Now I will be super envious of your new toy and what you'll be learning in your classes!

woot!
Alissa King said…
what kind of noodles? what if I don't want love on mine? can I bring some cheese if I share? you can take a picture of it with your new camera!

Popular posts from this blog

Tidings of Comfort, Victory, and GIVEAWAYS!!!!!

1.  My Cranberry pie finally won!  After a tragic finish at an ugly sweater party, and being overshadowed by the chocolate pecan pie at Thanksgiving, my Nantucket Cranberry Pie (which I took to the next level with a chocolate cream cheese icing)  got first place at the office holiday party Top Chef competition. I am happy. 2.  I also coincidentally won a caption contest on my favorite horse blog, and for my witty mockery was awarded a gift certificate for horse tack!  As I currently don't have a horse of my own, I'm giving it to Camp K.  I hope my mother and her 3 horses, 2 mules and 2 donkeys forgive me.  But I'm still claiming victory on that one, and relishing in being mentioned on my favorite blog in the same post as my international heroes. 3. GIVEAWAY!!!!  I was inspired by a number of blogs giving away x-boxes, TVs, designer handbags, and gift cards to the moon, but I decided that you don't actually need to be rich to share the love.  Therefore, I am announc

MotherMare

There is no getting around it: I was indoctrinated at a very young age. I was the baby, and I was the last chance mom had for early imprinting of equine addition (EIEA, pronounced EEEAAAAHHHH!!!) Some people say that it's something you grow into or learn- that it can be cured, that it's a temptation or a lifestyle.  While my mother's imprinting certainly aided the illness, I can't help but feel that somehow, in someway, I was born this way.   Ergo, my equine birthday tribute to my equine mother- the best kind of tribute.     Mom, this shirt is wildly awesome, and if you still own it, you should still wear it. I think I have that hat now. Let me know when you want it back.  Little did you know then that I would steal the hat right off your head, did you?  Also, you look exactly the same. Gorgeous-like.  (also, don't be embarrassed, because I am totally about to embarrass me too, and then we're even.)   The horse that started it all. Mom won't mind that s