Skip to main content

Inspiration-Music, Movement, Mind and Mood-lighting

Being able to go out and enjoy the air without fleeing soon thereafter into the drafty warmth of the house has done wonders for me. I've been getting off at the far away bus stop at work so that I can walk and listen to my iPod and get that glorious shot of early morning euphoria.

 My most recent song selections, meant to encourage that peppy sense of euphoria:

1. Shake it Off by Florence + the Machine
2. I'm on my Way by the Proclaimers
3. We are Young by Fun.
4. Midnight City by M83
5. Time of Times by Badly Drawn Boy
6. Shark in the Water by V.V. Brown
7. Silver Lining by Rilo Kiley
 (their guitar player is Pinsky from Salute Your Shorts. If you have no idea what I am talking about, you must revisit your Nickelodeon Childhood)
8. Knots by Lisa Hannigan (my adoration for this girl knows no bounds)
9. I Was Here by Beyonce
10. La Revedere by [dunkelbunt] (arguably the WEIRDEST song ever recorded)
11. Kiss by Prince

Also, while the warm weather has allowed us to start the yard overhaul, which we are both happy to be doing, I haven't given up on working over our bedroom to be a little more like the "rest" of the house, in the sense that we are eager to add some character to the joint. I can't remember if I mentioned it here, but we want to give it a very modern but rustic treatment of southwest colors, inspired by one of mine and Dan's favorite places, the Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument. What do y'all think?


I've already got the muted butter colored walls, with infusions of the central marigold color in the upholstery, and I've got more green than I really want, but I can live with it. I'm excited to get more of the POW! oranges and reds in there, that will really give it the southwest signature. Golly, I love that photo. I can't wait to abstractly represent it in my own pad. It's kind of a symbolic reminder of our bigger dreams down the road, and I think that's a good thing to infuse ones room with.

The volley of mishaps, bills, and logistics continues to swing at us, but I am handling them with a little better grace than I did in February, with still the occasional snappy quip at whoever is nearby, which unfortunately is usually that dude I married. He's taking it well.

I'm on a new campaign to look ridiculously fantastic in a bathing suit this summer, ergo my new favorite iPhone app, MyFitnessPal. It records your workouts and your calories, and it can even scan barcodes and then count your calories for you. My favorite part is when at the end of my day it tells me "if you eat the same calories you ate today for the next four weeks, you will lose X number of pounds." and it's the MOST motivating thing I've ever had. I like this app because it's the exact thing that I wanted when I got a smart phone. something that would actually make me live better, and it has.

Along those lines, Wii's Just Dance, and Deepak Chopra's wii meditation game, Leela. I am a better person for owning a video game consul. Technology is weird, y'all.

That is a Britney y'all, not a Paula Deen y'all. I'm done now.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tidings of Comfort, Victory, and GIVEAWAYS!!!!!

1.  My Cranberry pie finally won!  After a tragic finish at an ugly sweater party, and being overshadowed by the chocolate pecan pie at Thanksgiving, my Nantucket Cranberry Pie (which I took to the next level with a chocolate cream cheese icing)  got first place at the office holiday party Top Chef competition. I am happy. 2.  I also coincidentally won a caption contest on my favorite horse blog, and for my witty mockery was awarded a gift certificate for horse tack!  As I currently don't have a horse of my own, I'm giving it to Camp K.  I hope my mother and her 3 horses, 2 mules and 2 donkeys forgive me.  But I'm still claiming victory on that one, and relishing in being mentioned on my favorite blog in the same post as my international heroes. 3. GIVEAWAY!!!!  I was inspired by a number of blogs giving away x-boxes, TVs, designer handbags, and gift cards to the moon, but I decided that you don't actually need to be rich to share the love.  Therefore, I am announc

MotherMare

There is no getting around it: I was indoctrinated at a very young age. I was the baby, and I was the last chance mom had for early imprinting of equine addition (EIEA, pronounced EEEAAAAHHHH!!!) Some people say that it's something you grow into or learn- that it can be cured, that it's a temptation or a lifestyle.  While my mother's imprinting certainly aided the illness, I can't help but feel that somehow, in someway, I was born this way.   Ergo, my equine birthday tribute to my equine mother- the best kind of tribute.     Mom, this shirt is wildly awesome, and if you still own it, you should still wear it. I think I have that hat now. Let me know when you want it back.  Little did you know then that I would steal the hat right off your head, did you?  Also, you look exactly the same. Gorgeous-like.  (also, don't be embarrassed, because I am totally about to embarrass me too, and then we're even.)   The horse that started it all. Mom won't mind that s