Skip to main content

A Blog About Blogging. Blogception.

Blogging is a great many things to a great many people. Some like to talk about their beautiful children (I love that) and some like to talk about SCIENCE (I love that equally as much) and some people like to talk about whatever charmed status their life has achieved (I love it as long as it's true. Actually, I don't even care if it's true if it brings you solace, or a goal to live up to, or makes you a better person.)  Some like to vent, and I don't like those. Especially my own.

I started blogging in college, I think. But I probably had things like a blog (long emails to friends, long posts in FORUMS, remember forums, guys?) for the past ten years. And for many years, I kept personal handwritten journals which are FILLED to the brim with romantic angst. Interestingly, when I met Dan, I stopped writing in journals. Not enough romantic angst.

Like Alanis Morisette and Avril Lavigne, I got married and my stuff started to suck. Or in my case, just wasn't worth penning to paper. "Dear Journal, today I had nothing but totally positive happy feelings about the person I married, except that part where he made fun of me while we were shopping at Ross. But actually, that was pretty funny. Love, Lorraine".  It just doesn't hold the same urgency to write it out as "He dumped me. Again. Wanna talk about it for 20 or 30 pages?"

But I'd like to think that while my personal journaling has changed, my blog is still what it always was- a place where I selfishly talk about the things I want in life, and where I'm going, and then for the sake of my readers hopefully tell you something slightly self deprecating. That's the least I can do.

All both of you that read this will be shocked to learn that my stats do not put me in the "I should monetize this baby" range. In fact, I'm expecting an email from Google any day saying "We knew black holes existed in space, but on the INTERNETS? Give us $10."

I guess what I'm saying is, I'm okay with that, and those of you that read about my corn dogs, and my house, and my endless blither blather about horses are good good people, and I'm always speechless when someone tells me that they read my blog.

Also, if your blog is listed to the right of this sonnet, it means that I love what you do too, and if your blog is somewhere at the bottom of that list, I am holding out all hope that you will write again soon.

Thanks for stopping by. Truly.






Comments

Unknown said…
pfff, science? who does that!?

ps, i am currently gripped in a massive corndog craving.
Anonymous said…
1) My blog is not listed. I will attempt to hide my pain.

2) I loveeee reading your blog.

3) I noticed the same thing happened with my writing. It kinda pisses me off sometimes that I write really great emo type things only when I'm sad or angry. Why can't I be inspired when I'm content?!

4) Your thoughts are lovely.

Popular posts from this blog

Tidings of Comfort, Victory, and GIVEAWAYS!!!!!

1.  My Cranberry pie finally won!  After a tragic finish at an ugly sweater party, and being overshadowed by the chocolate pecan pie at Thanksgiving, my Nantucket Cranberry Pie (which I took to the next level with a chocolate cream cheese icing)  got first place at the office holiday party Top Chef competition. I am happy. 2.  I also coincidentally won a caption contest on my favorite horse blog, and for my witty mockery was awarded a gift certificate for horse tack!  As I currently don't have a horse of my own, I'm giving it to Camp K.  I hope my mother and her 3 horses, 2 mules and 2 donkeys forgive me.  But I'm still claiming victory on that one, and relishing in being mentioned on my favorite blog in the same post as my international heroes. 3. GIVEAWAY!!!!  I was inspired by a number of blogs giving away x-boxes, TVs, designer handbags, and gift cards to the moon, but I decided that you don't actually need to be rich to share the love.  Therefore, I am announc

MotherMare

There is no getting around it: I was indoctrinated at a very young age. I was the baby, and I was the last chance mom had for early imprinting of equine addition (EIEA, pronounced EEEAAAAHHHH!!!) Some people say that it's something you grow into or learn- that it can be cured, that it's a temptation or a lifestyle.  While my mother's imprinting certainly aided the illness, I can't help but feel that somehow, in someway, I was born this way.   Ergo, my equine birthday tribute to my equine mother- the best kind of tribute.     Mom, this shirt is wildly awesome, and if you still own it, you should still wear it. I think I have that hat now. Let me know when you want it back.  Little did you know then that I would steal the hat right off your head, did you?  Also, you look exactly the same. Gorgeous-like.  (also, don't be embarrassed, because I am totally about to embarrass me too, and then we're even.)   The horse that started it all. Mom won't mind that s