Skip to main content

A List.

1. Lately, I spend all my time fantasizing about THIS. (click)

2. Sometimes, it's a little more than fantasizing.

3. Sometimes, I make appointments to go visit ranches and meet horses.

4. August 25, thank you for asking.

5. This weekend is Lamb Days, and this time I am not missing the Friday Night talent show. No, Siree. I am very much looking forward to my annual lamb burger body cleanse. I am anxious about seeing people I know. Or used to know. Or people who didn't much care for me.

6.  As a 5th-9th grader, I was very much like Drew Barrymore. You either get her, or you don't. Only I wasn't charming, I was high strung. And slightly unkempt.

7. As all proper 4H girls ought to be.

8. In 8 days, my whole family will be in Utah for one weekend, which has not happened since our wedding, and I don't really count that, because I was just the tiniest bit nervous nauseous distracted excited about other things that weekend to really appreciate it. I am really looking forward to having my babies, sisters, and parents at arms reach.

9. In 11 days, I am leaving for Minneapolis for a conference, and while I think it will be great, I feel like I am on slightly shaky ground right now to be away from my home, my family, and the 24 hour streaming Olympic coverage I would be  getting from our Centurylink bundle of satellite and internets.

10. What I'm saying is, I'm not sure how much I will be seeing of Minneapolis.

11. If one more person complains on Facebook about someone "spoiling" the new Batman movie, I'm going to give up Facebook. I'm sorry someone ruined your movie. You know what else ruins movies? People being murdered while they're watching a movie. Use your brains.

12. I am totally not seeing that movie.

13. Sorry that 11 and 12 were not funny numbers. But they are still true.

14. I am beyond delighted that Mayim Bialik of Blossom fame was nominated for an Emmy for her portrayal of Amy Farrah Fowler on the Big Bang Theory. No one else could play that part better than she does.

15. Today is one of my best and oldest friend's birthdays. I always thought that it was SPECTACULAR that he was born the same day as the moon landing. He is the sort of person who is always taking many small, arduous steps, that I believe will one day be for the great and profound benefit of mankind. Unless he sells out to become a litigator for Pfizer. It's up in the air, but he knows I believe in him. Happy birthday, Buttface.

16. I need a new favorite summer song, y'all. Make some suggestions. You may not suggest: Adele, Chris Brown, or Gotye.

17. Lacey and I still Bachateloretting. Finale on Sunday!

18. I recently made her this, in celebration of her favorite contestant:



19. What an awkward number to stop at.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I wrote you a list in response but it disappeared. Stupid blogger. Basically, you rock.
Lacey J. said…
First, check out Ray LaMontagne & the Pariah Dogs album "God Willin' and the Creek Don't Rise." My favorites are For the Summer, title track, and Beg Steal and Borrow. It's mellow. It's good. Secondly, I swoon every time I see that picture. Thank you for giving me this gift, Lorraine. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.
Unknown said…
I love list blogs! Heres some music I've been into a lot lately.

http://noisetrade.com/bison

I could spend all day on Noise Trade discovering music. In fact if I lost all my music and cd's in a fire it wouldnt be a big deal because this site has so many gems.

Ps I loved batman. Can we still be friends?

Popular posts from this blog

Tidings of Comfort, Victory, and GIVEAWAYS!!!!!

1.  My Cranberry pie finally won!  After a tragic finish at an ugly sweater party, and being overshadowed by the chocolate pecan pie at Thanksgiving, my Nantucket Cranberry Pie (which I took to the next level with a chocolate cream cheese icing)  got first place at the office holiday party Top Chef competition. I am happy. 2.  I also coincidentally won a caption contest on my favorite horse blog, and for my witty mockery was awarded a gift certificate for horse tack!  As I currently don't have a horse of my own, I'm giving it to Camp K.  I hope my mother and her 3 horses, 2 mules and 2 donkeys forgive me.  But I'm still claiming victory on that one, and relishing in being mentioned on my favorite blog in the same post as my international heroes. 3. GIVEAWAY!!!!  I was inspired by a number of blogs giving away x-boxes, TVs, designer handbags, and gift cards to the moon, but I decided that you don't actually need to be rich to share the love.  Therefore, I am announc

MotherMare

There is no getting around it: I was indoctrinated at a very young age. I was the baby, and I was the last chance mom had for early imprinting of equine addition (EIEA, pronounced EEEAAAAHHHH!!!) Some people say that it's something you grow into or learn- that it can be cured, that it's a temptation or a lifestyle.  While my mother's imprinting certainly aided the illness, I can't help but feel that somehow, in someway, I was born this way.   Ergo, my equine birthday tribute to my equine mother- the best kind of tribute.     Mom, this shirt is wildly awesome, and if you still own it, you should still wear it. I think I have that hat now. Let me know when you want it back.  Little did you know then that I would steal the hat right off your head, did you?  Also, you look exactly the same. Gorgeous-like.  (also, don't be embarrassed, because I am totally about to embarrass me too, and then we're even.)   The horse that started it all. Mom won't mind that s